View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #267 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I am at the shop today and did some examination into the issue that Mike and Spohn have run into so far. They have had a problem where when they fill the tank, the level float is getting snagged on something and stops a couple dots from full tank, and then begins to read properly once the fuel level lowers and catches up to the float.

I double checked the new location of the level float to verify that the spot we put it in allows it full swing. There is a baffle in the tank that has to be bent out of the way for this new location. I verified today that with the baffle bent out of the way, the level sensor float has full travel as its intended, and is at the proper height.

So where we went wrong on this... is that I failed to adequately describe the modification required to the baffle in order to allow full swing of the float arm with out product. Unfortunately to resolve the situation will require them to go back into the gas tank again to make an adjustment.