View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #266 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

There was one day that I literally coasted up to the E85 pump, engine dead, out of gas. I barely had to use the brakes to stop the car and I wouldnt have been able to make it another 20 feet to a gas pump without pushing it. The car took just over 19 gallons to fill it.... so we know for sure that the product is working, well, flawlessly, to let Mike get down to an essentially empty gas tank. I cant say that its working beyond my expectations, but I try to not get too confident in unproven things until judgement day. Ive spent a lot of years specializing in fuel system design and was able to apply a lot of ideas to this product.

To run this setup with a single walbro 255 in an all motor road racing car is still the easiest test for this product. The real tests for it have yet to come... A twin turbo or supercharged car, coupled with the fuel demands of E85 running over 500rwhp on the road course is going to tax the system to its maximum potential, even beyond a 1000hp drag car going straight. To make it even harder, we could run a single Aeromotive 340lph pump in there, rather than the special Walbro 255 that is in it right now (which has a built in siphon to supply additional fuel to the can from the drivers side and increase overflow volume to aid the stock pump). If it can perform as well in that environment as it did for Mike today... I will have to just give myself a pat on the back!!

Last edited by phunk; 09-29-2012 at 06:28 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote