Thread: GTM issues
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
DCNISMO
Track Member

Drives: Nismo Z
DCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty sure you missed the point. This isn't a reliability or warranty issue?
I don't think so at all, I will repeat....buy a car that was engineered for FI and sold that way from the factory IF you want it to have a warranty and no install or tune problems. They can afford to blow up engines in testing, have tons of engineering support, can adjust chassis for fitment...yadayada. Tuners can't compete with that. So your bound to have problems and hiccups. The OP wanted FI and a new system at that...and problems were encountered. He should have expected that. That' part of the game. I'm an engineer..I test things, blow up things, purposely try to crash software, break things. I have also thought of adding FI to my Nismo...but really I'll probably just go get a used V or used 13 Stang Shelby at some point since I know they were designed that way from the start...with oil systems, brake systems, cooling systems, clutch systems, tranny systems, and an operating system made for it.