View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naenyn View Post
When I decided I was going to buy a new car, I actually was planning to get a shiny new 2013 Evo. However, when I test drove one, I was surprised by how noisy it was and how underwhelming it felt. I kept thinking back to the automatic (<-- !!!) 370Z I drove earlier that morning and how much more fun it was to drive.

I went in to that test driving day planning to hate the Z and loving the Evo. It ended up being completely the other way around. A few weeks later I test drove a 2011 Nismo and that sealed the deal. Now I have a Nismo on order.
Really? when i was waiting for my 2011 Z. My dealer was taking so long for a dealer trade. I went to go test drive a BMW 135i and 2012 mitsubishi evo.
Going straight to the Evo test. Luckily my salesguy was a ricer and evo owner... Knowing that i was coming from an 09 Z he let me beat one up.

I was blown away by the Evo's ability. I was exiting a tight highway doughnut exit @ 84mph. At best in the Z, I can pull that donut in the low 60mph range.
Doing that donut in a Z at that speed i'm in full drift. In the Evo, the car is still roadholding... the dual clutch in the EVO was AMAZING. The shifts were so fast and perfect, powerful and aggressive, it outperformed the DCT in the 135i by a landslide. The 135i offered more power to boot, though more seamless and less aggressive than the Evo while feeling a little bit more powerful than the Z.
The sound of the BOV's on the stock engine was amazing. Steering feedback was spot on, nice and firm but the edge on the Z. The Evo X is slightly louder than the Z but it's more exhaust and turbo noise and less engine noise, vs the Z is engine first, then exhaust. Crappy exhaust @ that. My only issue is on the straight, after about 115'ish miles per hour, The power began dropping off like mad. As with the Z, power doesnt drop off till 140ish mph. Give or take 5mph an hour depending on different variables.

My issues with the Evo weren't performance issues at all. Seriously, How often do most of you guys go past 115??? The interior and dash looks chintzy. there was slight interior rattle on bumps which was a unsurprising disappointment considering its a lancer... The seats are comfortable and excellent had positioning but feel forced as far as outward visibility. It's like those seats were too low and the whole car itself was too high. The seat should have been positioned about .25inches higher and the car 1.25" lower. The forward dash was too econoboxish and the materials too $10k'ish for a $44k car.
The evo is the budget supercar and the Z is the budget sports car. The Z looks like a budget supercar and the evo looks like a budget sports car. Between the too as far as looks go... The evo is way more displaced by appearance. This all being my subjective opinion.

Performance wise... I can't see how one could walk away disapponted from either one but... To each his own.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote