View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #140 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhax View Post
40k Miles 09 370z

Clutch Pedal stuck to the floor, towed to the dealer. Dealer wants 1600 to replace the clutch assembly and are checking out the slave cylinder and flywheel. I have the extended waranty.

After reading all this I wonder if my cluch assembly even needs replacement and I just need the Master/slave cylinder replaced. ( I don't know much about cars)
Unless it's had a lot of hard driving the clutch disc itself is likely fine, however since you have to drop the transmission to get to the CSC it's an opportune time to consider replacement at a reduced labor rate since the warranty will pay for the CSC replacement and the labor to drop/install the transmission. The price he's given you so far certainly isn't discounted