Thread: GTM issues
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
That's not true at all. Contracts are helpful in making things more clear cut in potential legal proceedings, but you ABSOLUTELY maintain a right to demand anything that was agreed to or implied
in a verbal contract
I'm not about to spar with you on this one. If you don't like what I have say, just ignore me. All I'm saying is that a verbal agreement is a lot harder prove, especially if the opposing side has physical evidence against you. You can demand all you want, but legal contracts are black and white, hard evidence that will supercede any verbal or gentlemen's agreement. I'm not saying a verbal agreement doesn't have merit. The problem is, People lie, even under oath. Contracts are there to protect the seller AND consumer. There's are reason why you normally wouldn't buy a house or a new car with only verbal agreements and a briefcase full of cash. Why should spending $30k worth of work be any different?

I'm also not a lawyer, but I did watch a whole season of law & order over the summer ....and I use to watch the people's court.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 09-26-2012 at 11:50 PM.