Thread: GTM issues
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
Dembflyr
Track Member

Drives: G37S Sedan
Dembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
This is just sad.

It seems to happen often that Someone comes on here and Complains about GTM...

GTM, I have wanted a Kit from you guys, but the record isn't looking good.

I wanted to order one about a year ago, when The post came out about the guy that bought a BRAND NEW kit and got a USED kit..

That stopped me back then.

For every post that you see about a nightmare there are probably 20 cars that are running fine.

I am a customer of GTM. I purchased a Stage I TT from them in April 2011. I installed it myself in my garage. We're there problems? Yup. Anytime that you heavily modify a car you're gonna run into issues.
I have to be honest here but most if the issues that I had we're of my own doing. There were some alignment issues I was dealing with for a while and I was convinced that it was a quality issue. Sam always dealt with me fairly. He even sent me another set of pipes even though he was convinced that there was nothing wrong with the first set.

Sam worked with me to fix a hot start issue with my original tune. It took a couple of tries but that car started perfectly when it was all settled.

Now so that I don't sound like a complete nut hugger I will say that sometimes communication is difficult if you only try to contact him thru email. But if you pick up the phone and call you'll have much better luck getting in touch with him.

Do your homework and you will be much happier in the long run.

I have since sold my Z and the new owner is enjoying the car as much as I did. The car has over 10,000 miles of boost and no major issues.

Bottom line is that I would not hesitate to do business with GTM again. But the next time Ill take what I have learned and do an even better job with the install.

I really want a 600 whp G sedan.

2009-6MT-Sport/Touring-Dembflyr's Journal-TT Build Thread-CAR IS SOLD