View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza370z View Post
Nice write up! HKS hi-power is definitely the best looking CBE out there. I love the exhaust note too. It's kind different tone as the Fast Intentions. I love both systems but since I had FI carbon fiber on my g, I will prolly get HKS for my z. Very nice OP. Any vids?
I agree! I decided long and hard about almost getting the FI exhaust, but this popped up local and for a great price. I was seriously about one day away from calling Tony and placing an order, but then magic happened. ^^

I've installed HFC's since then, and the exhaust is truly perfect with them installed. The drone is still zero at any road speed, provided you hold the speed constant, and when you step on it - oh man. That is one hell of a noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl128 View Post
Love the exhaust, and (of course) great write up.

Question: The "red feet" on top of your jackstands - where did you get them?
Thanks!

Some info on the jackstands: The jackstands are from Harbor Freight, and are the 3 ton ones, I believe. Or could be two tons. Can't remember. Either way, they sell accompanying red cushions that go over top of them.

The issue with the stands, is that I had to use them "long ways" on the frame rails. This was because if I had them normally on the jack points, sideways that is, one of the arms of the "Y" would dig into the plastic bodywork. Thus, I had to turn it long ways and rest the jack point on the narrow length of the stands. I only did this for a few jobs under my car - I felt slightly unsafe only having approximately .5 inches on each side of the stand to play with until the car would dismount the jack stand. They worked fine, however. I thought about grinding them down so they would work, but I was too lazy.

I promptly replaced the stands with double locking Torin 2-ton stands I got on Amazon for like 25 dollars. They work perfectly going sideways like they were designed to. They do bend the jack points slightly, but that's nothing that they weren't designed to handle. I plan to go back and weld the points stronger with my flux wire welder - just for added strength and peace of mind.