View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
It's a bit hard to believe drilled rotors are as bad as some people make them out to be considering it's still widely used in a lot of high end sports cars.
I think thats mostly for looks, the percentage of high-end sports cars that actually see serious track duty is as small as any other type of car, probably less than 1% of drivers actually go to the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
, if the paint is discolored and weird, then it is track ... except for Mike's because he powdercoats them after each event
HaHa! My stoptech trophys are hard anodized and they stay nice looking. Before that, I just powdercoated my calipers satin black because thats what they were gonna be anyway!

This is how hot one piece rotors and stock akebono's can get. XP12 pads were used. You can see the powdercoat melted around the hub and discolored on the spokes of the wheel. What you can't see is the runs in the powdercoat on the spokes also.