View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #64 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I simply used the Z as a reference in my first post! The Focus rides not much softer than the Z and it doesn't handle anywhere like a sports car. Is it a good thing to ride similar like the Z? Of course not, well unless you think the Z rides like a Mercedes. I am not sure why you take so much offense to it, I was knocking the Focus, not the Z.

Tell me once the turbo hits on the BRZ...

I did two sessions in a GT3. I got as much as I need out of it. It's too expensive for me to track like you said.

I am still kind of puzzled at how a Focus bashing turned into Z bashing? I just purely want to bring up the crappy Ford Focus I rented at work last week. I had high expectations for it given all the hypes that the magazine gave it, yet I had nothing but headache with that car. I moved onto a Subaru Legacy this week, it's better but still $hitty
1.Sometimes your wording comes off as comparison vs showing similarities. I agree with CMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I don't think you understand how a simile works. A simile is a figure of speech that directly compares two different things, usually by employing the words "like" or "as". When you "reference" you're comparing. In any case, this has gone way off topic. I don't even get the point of this thread to be honest with you. You should probably just close it.
2.When the turbo BRZ comes out... I will be elated and wont have anything to say. Till then... It's still overrated as of now.
But you making that future BRZ reference is like me saying, Tell me once the Z35 is out. If it's not out? Why make that comment? Some would call that fanboyism.

3. I don't bash the Z or focus. There aren't many cars I don't like. There are "Type of People" that buy a certain "type of car" I don't like but not cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Don't take it the wrong way, but I think its because most of the threads you start complain about things, especially all the faults of the Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
It could be, but that was not the intention in this case.

No offense taken as I know you are not some fanboy.
You seem to always to talk about fanboying when i post simply based on my satisfaction with the Z or any other type of post. You always seem to make the fanboy reference but yet you are the one aligning with BRZ turbos before they exist.
I personally would be willing to leave nissan for a better performing car in the price range. My issue is i dont normally pay over $50k for sports cars and rarely do i buy used. N when i do? They're newsed, with under 10k miles... Since my priority leans toward handling and i wont drive a sports car that takes more than 5.5 seconds to 60 and 13.5 the quarter. I am left with few choices. Show me a muscle car under 3400lbs and i will consider one... Muscle cars don't give me the connection to the road I need and lightweight 4 bangers don't give me enough power.
Addressing the Z's shortcomings through modification has left me extremely satisfied and I see no need to trade or buy anything else till a new generation-set of cars hit the dealers. You seem to think, if someone doesn't have little to no complaint about the Z. They are fanboys... That's stupid. Somehow the non-fanboy should own a Z and feel like it's barely acceptable for anything other than driving to work... That's bullshyt.

But guess what... There are other cars I/we admire too. We just don't have to self loathe what we own to praise the next newest thing.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 09-26-2012 at 12:54 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote