View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsZ View Post
Yesterday on my way home from work, some guy in a new Mustang GT was behind me at a light. I could hear the distinct sound that the GT makes and looked in my mirror. After the light, we entered a stretch of highway that is wipe open and straight. He came along side me and we both wanted to race. We were doing about 80 mph when we both gunned it. I was in 5th gear at the time we started, shifting into 6th at about 100 mph. While we stayed together at the very beginning, it was like he had another gear and flew ahead of me. I was doing about 110 before I got off the gas and he must have been doing 130 as I see him way ahead of me. Is the GT that much faster then the 370Z? It just seemed that I was pushing a brick after 100. Is it possible he had something a little extra under the hood of his GT? Needless to say I ate a healthy piece of humble pie and honestly was disappointed in the performance of the Z. At the end of the stretch of highway coming to a stop at a red light, I looked over at him and gave him a thumbs up for his GT. He rolled down his window and said to me "nice car". I'm sure he was saying to himself...but not as nice as my GT. I'm bummed out and can use a little pick-me-up from my Z friends!

A) in before deletion for street racing discussion
B) yes, the mustang is faster