View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by laze1 View Post
Yep, a full hard rear bar is almost always TOO MUCH rear roll stiffness...that is for Autocross where you need to kick the rear end around to rotate the car. You don't want that to happen at a high speed track like Road Atlanta/Roebling/etc :-(

I "ain't no" Engineer, but sway bars are used to fine-tune a suspension that is already setup correctly. So if you are running a full hard rear bar, you are overcoming a another setup/tuning issue.

My humble recommendation is to start out very soft on all adjustments (shocks/ASB) and them work your way towards a more firm setting. And tire pressures play a part in this adjustment as well. To start go with the manufacturers hot pressure recommendation and then work from there to fine tune feel and total grip. Adjusting tire pressure has the same effect as changing spring rates...higher pressure is like adding higher spring rates...CHECK TIRE PRESSURES ALL DAY LONG...THEY MATTER.
I autocross all the time and dont need anything more than stock nismo rear bar to rotate easily. The Grand Am cars were using small rear bar as well. These cars have no issues with turning if they are setup properly. Honestly a larger rear bar on full firm is disater waiting to happen. No wonder this car spun like a top originally.

Only car I would use large rear bar might be a FWD car.