View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Got mine here.

http://buyautocovers.com/

They make custom fitted covers which are warranted better and fit just like dealer covers. 7 year warrantee. Not to pricy.

My Z is outside every day in an windy airport parking lot. This cover is working great. I have had many covers over the years the dealer ones are average for the cost.

I put 4 plastic grommets from auto part store (2 front and 2 back) to hold with bungees in wind and use a lock. ( So the punks don't make off with my cover) Without bungees all covers will blow off on a stiff wind. (Use tiny bungees to hook to suspension element) otherwise the cover might fly off in wind and beat up your paint flapping around.

(The covers from auto zone etc. don't fit we'll.)

My Miata sat in an airport parking lot for 10 years everyday and still looks new with original (vinyl roof) top.

I use covers now on all my cars even when parked in covered spots. Keeps critters off top and keeps wax working longer due to no uv breakdown.

Once you get a routine taking the covers off and on is not too tough. I recommend rolling up the sides onto the roof then rolling the cover from back to front. Your front license plate will kind of hold the cover from sliding off onto the ground or blowing away in the wind while you roll. Reverse the process to install.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote