View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #108 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Nissan North America approved for a short block with the option if the dealer sees the need to for a full long block, plus a vehicle to drive in the mean time. Even the dealer was pleasently suprised on how NNA was dealing with it. No questions asked. Took the test and pictures for what it was and said here are the parts without even argueing it. I think the dealer is still going to go the long block route. I know they really didnt want to tear the motor apart to do a short block install. To much could go wrong for the dealer. Easier to get a long block and plug and play. Less of a failure rate. I am happy to say the least that this was that easy. Also found out the dealer is mod friendly, as long as there is no FI, over sized fuel system, or tinkering with the tranny. Headers back, tunning, and also intakes are all OK with them.

Car goes in for heart surgery monday. Tomorrow I am going to give it 2 dyno pulls to get a base line for the new motor once the break in period is finished. Plus to test out the ole' cars gain a few ponies after the 20k mile mark. Proper time for everything to get worn in and smooth out.

Gonna see if they will let me get one of their 2013 Z's for the loaner. Doubt they will, but I will mention I am in the market and what better way to test drive one.

Last edited by Japanjay; 09-25-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote