Thread: 2012 NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #468 (permalink)
dastaco
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Questionably
dastaco has a spectacular aura aboutdastaco has a spectacular aura aboutdastaco has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster4Us View Post
I can't lay all of this on the refs. The players and coaches know the rules. If they are taking cheap shots and trying to hurt people because they think they can get away with it, that says alot more to me about them then the refs.

By the way, I'm not much of a Bengals fan either.
I lay every bit of this on the refs and the NFL. The refs have one job and that is to enforce the rules of the game. Since they cannot do so players have no idea what they can and cannot get away with, so its a free for all out there. Its getting people hurt and making the games hard to watch.

I don't blame the refs for not being able to do the job though, they just aren't trained/experienced enough for this. The NFL cannot take a heavy handed approach of suspending someone for touching a ref while allowing people to get seriously hurt and potentially killed due to labor negotiations.. Its just not right.

Also, i'm a Bengals fan but I hate the Bengals organization. I wish Mike Brown would just leave the game to those who know what they are doing