View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #31 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Lot's of useful info on this thread, but it feels like some of the info isn't 100% accurate. It's a bit hard to believe drilled rotors are as bad as some people make them out to be considering it's still widely used in a lot of high end sports cars. I've seen drilled rotors crack, but I've also seen solid rotors crack. I think it really has a lot do with the manufacturer, conditions and usage. For track worthyness, it really depends on how much track use you're actually doing. What's best for the track isn't necessary the best for the street. For a lot of people, 2 piece rotors are overkill. They look awesome and drool worthy, but kind of pointless 95% of the time for a multi purpose car. A dedicated track car is a different story.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote