View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
CrunchyCajun
Base Member

Drives: 09 tour/sprt wht 7A
CrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond reputeCrunchyCajun has a reputation beyond repute

I have had it back for 5 days. In that time I have put on 420 miles in a mix of city/highway (mostly highway). Transmission feels much firmer and tight than original ever did.

The MPG is up. I reset the MPG gauge monthly. From month 1 it would settle at 21.5. During the month before the transmission went, I noted that the MPG dropped about 3/10 ths, so I reset early and it leveled at 20.9 MPG, a big drop. With the new transmission, it has settled at 24 MPG. Same driving.

Can only speculate that the original transmission had some slip from the beginning and/or they have improved the 7A since 09'.

Last edited by CrunchyCajun; 09-24-2012 at 06:30 AM.
CrunchyCajun is offline   Reply With Quote