View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1325 View Post
When you signed your name on that line to receive your driver's license, you agreed that you understood all traffic statutes and that you'd abide by them. The common "I-didn't-know-about-that rule" is not an excuse for any traffic violation. Can't tell you how many of those I've heard.

Think about it, God forbid, you come to a stop sign and some child riding a bicycle crosses your path unexpectedly. Thank goodness you were stopped behind the stop bar because otherwise you'd be liable as you were too impatient to stop for merely two seconds.
You have never broke the law?
In this situation its revenue. Run the record and if its clean and not a completely egregious infraction why not a polite but firm warning.
None of the BS in Germany. Things are more rational and its not a gouge the driver for revenue system. I get flashed by a camera under 15kph over the limit - 10Euros and NO POINTS. Enforcement does not have to be ridiculous. I do not miss this BS in the US at all. Local gov need to ween themselves from this revenue stream and end the quota's we all know exist. Safety my a##.

OP you have EVERY right to fight this and you should. The law is not perfect and you do not deserve 150$ taken from you without a fight if you have a clean record and history of responsible motoring. Fight!
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote