View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #168 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Still not completely sure. The lens got melted on the bottom where it was sitting in the oven. Happened to one of DM's headlights as well. I think mine got worse because it got a little melted the first time so the second session in the oven just made it worse. Definitely want to do cardboard soaked in water next time, works way better than aluminum foil.

Sadly for me, without a new job anytime soon I'd have to DIY this again if I did get another headlight. Might try some wetsanding and headlight restoration like you suggested to see if it makes any difference.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote