View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Z1 View Post
The WAVE or High Beam FLASH was once a very popular trend with the Z owners...especially the older ones. This trend does not seem to exist anymore with the 350Z and 370z owners unfortunately.

I always bump my high beams when passing another Z if I am in my car. You will normally get a response like a FLASH or wave back from either a long time Z owner, multiple generation Z owner or someone who has been in the community for a long time.
I got a lot more waves in my 77 280z. But I always try to wave on the highway. I get waves back from the sport drivers, less from the touring and base crowd. I think you are right, this car has appeal to more than just enthusiasts. I get the feeling that some people just don't realize what a cool, historied car they are driving.

More mods=>more chance of a waveback.

It might be silly, but I don't bump my lights because I hear those bulbs don't like coming on and off alot.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote