View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #37 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
I would not consider a Porsche for the same reasons I would not wear a Rolex. I hate paying a premium for name recognition, and 20k more is like twice the price of my Z

SEIKO 200m automatic dive watch $200
Rolex submariner $7000 bucks
Functionality. Nearly identical

Is porsche faster? not really

is porsche a better driving experience? Now that I have dynamat, I don't think so. (I drive my buddies cayman occasionally)

Is a porsche a status symbol? Yes. That is why I stay away

As for 8/10s driver. I disagree and so do most reviewers. The consensus among performance drivers is that a 370 is heavy on the controls but very predictable and controlled at the limits. The video reviewer seems to love the Porsche for "refinement".

I'm a simple man who likes simple things that work well. I don't want the illusion of performance (BRZ.) I want to fly around the track trying to keep my boundless power under control in a well balanced, inexpensive to own and repair, exiting car.

In short I think the reviewer would love a Miata too. Especially if he could find one with enough name recognition to cost 40k.
By far the best comparo post ever on this forum. You are my HERO! Well said!
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote