View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #35 (permalink)
Hbomb
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
Hbomb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
I would not consider a Porsche for the same reasons I would not wear a Rolex. I hate paying a premium for name recognition, and 20k more is like twice the price of my Z

SEIKO 200m automatic dive watch $200
Rolex submariner $7000 bucks
Functionality. Nearly identical

Is porsche faster? not really

is porsche a better driving experience? Now that I have dynamat, I don't think so. (I drive my buddies cayman occasionally)

Is a porsche a status symbol? Yes. That is why I stay away

As for 8/10s driver. I disagree and so do most reviewers. The consensus among performance drivers is that a 370 is heavy on the controls but very predictable and controlled at the limits. The video reviewer seems to love the Porsche for "refinement".

I'm a simple man who likes simple things that work well. I don't want the illusion of performance (BRZ.) I want to fly around the track trying to keep my boundless power under control in a well balanced, inexpensive to own and repair, exiting car.

In short I think the reviewer would love a Miata too. Especially if he could find one with enough name recognition to cost 40k.
+rep for you sir. Very well said. Hate to off topic- where did you dynamat at? I love the car, but the gravel/rocks kicking up behind me are a little extreme
Hbomb is offline   Reply With Quote