View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Greg
Track Member

Drives: 06 350 ZR CS
Greg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Disagree.

I can certainly afford the Touring but decided against it. I personally think buying a Touring and not opting for navigation makes very little sense, so fully loaded, this car runs a hair north of $40K. I see that as paying $40K for a jazzed up $29K car, or a 30%+ increase in price. In that price-range, your options open up to a whole new level of car, most notably an almost brand new 2008 or 2009 Corvette (by almost brand-new, I mean <5K miles), late E46 M3, 335i, <10K mile CLK550, etc. Of course, I know you can't compare a used car to a brand-new one, but your options are there (I would never buy a used car unless it had <10K miles and a good portion of the warranty remaining anyway). Don't forget, those have already been titled, so if you change your mind and sell it a year later, you will lose relatively nothing.

This is a sports-car, and one of the purest available on the market. If heated-leather, Bluetooth, navigation, etc. are a priority in a car, shop elsewhere. The Base with the Sport package offers you a no-frills performance car at a price-level which can't be matched by many other, be it new or very slightly used.

I often see cars optioned out to the till, making me question why they didn't chose to buy a different model in the first place. Porsche makes the perfect example, where you can option out a base Cayman to more than a 911 Carrera S.
Dude whats the mystery? A lot of people only like or want a certain make or model. And the notion of..You could have bought this or that for the price?

Sure a loaded Cayman comes close to S territory, but that 911 will be pure bare bones. Besides the fact many owners wanted the midship layout. A fully loaded Croc S would be nowhere near a fully optioned C2S in price..

So if some dude is a real diehard Nissan (370Z) fan and wants leather and nav etc..? Telling that same guy he could buy a vette for that price, is probably out of the question no matter the cost.

Last edited by Greg; 09-10-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote