View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
GonGo
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z PW M6
GonGo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Disagree.

I can certainly afford the Touring but decided against it. I personally think buying a Touring and not opting for navigation makes very little sense, so fully loaded, this car runs a hair north of $40K. I see that as paying $40K for a jazzed up $29K car, or a 30%+ increase in price. In that price-range, your options open up to a whole new level of car, most notably an almost brand new 2008 or 2009 Corvette (by almost brand-new, I mean <5K miles), late E46 M3, 335i, <10K mile CLK550, etc. Of course, I know you can't compare a used car to a brand-new one, but your options are there (I would never buy a used car unless it had <10K miles and a good portion of the warranty remaining anyway). Don't forget, those have already been titled, so if you change your mind and sell it a year later, you will lose relatively nothing.

This is a sports-car, and one of the purest available on the market. If heated-leather, Bluetooth, navigation, etc. are a priority in a car, shop elsewhere. The Base with the Sport package offers you a no-frills performance car at a price-level which can't be matched by many other, be it new or very slightly used.

I often see cars optioned out to the till, making me question why they didn't chose to buy a different model in the first place. Porsche makes the perfect example, where you can option out a base Cayman to more than a 911 Carrera S.
I do see your point about an jazzed up 29k car... but this features are desirable to some and not too ridiculously priced when taken all into account.

Over here in Puerto Rico, we get Two 370z Models... Base non sport goes for 38k. and Touring Sports goes for 48k.

So the Sports package on a base is not available (Sucks). I Almost bought an Touring Sports for 50k when the 370z arrived... Shortly came to my senses... now sportspackage-less and getting some upgrades eventually.

The non touring seats are not top noch tough...
-Clicking noise when hard cornering is an issue...
-When you puch the headrest backwards, the support pops you in the back?...
GonGo is offline   Reply With Quote