View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

I know this thread is older, but it sounds like my transmission is making more noises than normal lately and thought it might be related to this. I can't for the life of me, remember how much noise is suppose to be normal and how much noise should be looked at. I'm having the same symptoms as the OP. A lot of noise (cement mixer, metalic grind) when I lift my foot off the clutch in neutral. With the normal cacophony of noises in first year it's really hard to diagnose the other gears just by listening.

Also, I think it might be normal, but I'm getting a slightly louder "clunk!" with each shift when the clutch engages. I'm letting off the pedal pretty smoothly, so I'm not sure what it could be.

I'm at 35k miles on the odometer. (I also have extended warranty)

I'll try and post a video later.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote