View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #253 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
Well interesting story, just got my Z a couple weeks ago and only have 400miles on the clock and breaking it in and taking it easy for now until 1,200miles. Anyways I was stopped at a red light minding my own business and all the sudden a blacked out 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S with exhaust and his window down pulls up next to me. Light turns green and I'm not trying to do anything stupid but when I tell you this guy launched the sh*t out if his Turbo S and my god was he going so fast and ripping each gear. He definitely hit about 110mph from the dead stop and launch and he was gone. Interesting encounter.
Ahhh, the beauty of Porsche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketlist2012 View Post
In my 350Z there was only 3 cars that beat me...A Benz, A BMW, and a 911 Carrera.

I am sure that Turbo S was a sight to see...

Other cars are easier to deal with, but certain BMW's, AMG's and 911's are pretty Hard to spank...

Haven't tried them in the 370Z yet, but I know they are serious contenders...
Was that a modified 350? Stock for stock, I never lost to a 350 in my SRT (back when I used to race... dumb kids.). Always put a car length or two between us with ease.

Not sure if it's the same with the 370, but I don't do that stupid stuff anymore.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote