View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
edub370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z S/T 6MT
edub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of light

Well theres a couple of questions to ask to determine whther or not they are lying:

1) are they a car salesman. if so, then yes
2) is there mouth moving. if so, then yes

next question: Why are they selling cars?

1) they are super knowlegable about all cars. so much so they need to sell them to properly inform people about the vehicles they are going to spend $40k+ on.
2) this is the job the always wanted. they are passionate about it, and want u to get the vehicle that fits YOU
3) this was the only job opening available when they got canned from their laast job. the only thing theY know about these cars is what they read on the brochure on the vehicle right as they saw u eying it from inside. they go by what nissan tells them to say to get u in the lot. they don't car about what car fits u, just how much commission they will make by pressuring u into a car u don't truly want.

you know, its amazing to me, how any time i go into a dealership to talk to a salesperson i end up telling THEM about THEIR cars. explaining what it has and why they don't have me by the balls. and its not just z's.

for instance: i am no all knowing car guru by any means. but last week i had a guy tell me that a mazdaspeed that i was looking at (for my gf) had the 18" wheels on it because it was a "premium package". which he then proceeded to tell me added the turbo, spoiler, and hood scoop.... i then explain, no these are all standard on a mazdaspeed. he proceeds to argue with me for 10 min about why its a premium until i say,"i'll go elsewhere" and left.

i don't care if everyone isnt a car person, thats ok with me. But sales people that will blatantly argue incorrect facts WITH A CUSTOMER are ignorant in my book.

end rant/

so to answer your question, yes dealers will misrepresent cars to get u in the lot to push a pressure sale