View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dixnot
Base Member

Drives: 09 Banana
Dixnot is on a distinguished road
Default Typhooooon quick review

Install - Purchased k&n typhoon, new no shipping, for like $295 from streetsideauto.com, which was pretty bad *** and only took 3 days to get to me. Being pretty much a total newb when it comes to anything under the hood I brought my buddy along that is a dealership mechanic. Install took about 2 hours, by my self probably would have been 3. Plenty of detailed instructions and it would be pretty straight forward even if they werent so detailed.

Post Install - Temp was a cool 70 degree Texas night turned out of my office and mashed on the gas. Most people like to think they instantly feel the difference, be it placebo or not, I felt it for sure. I would like to think also traction control seemed to light up a little bit more often than it did before on the same streets I take every day which makes me think low end torque woke up a bit.

The Sound - Absolutely the best part about it. Being the first mod I have on it, yes the gains are going to be somewhat significant vs others with mods. But this REALLY wakes up the motor. It masks the boring sound of stock and gives is a very nice toned WOOOMMMMPPP. Quality sound in my opinion, no ricer ****.

Weather my choice was right or not, I feel this was the best intake for what I would like out of my car. I dont want to have to wait till 7000rpm till that magical 17.5 hp kicks in. Id rather have the extra breath making good power low and high rpm.

my 2c
Dixnot is offline   Reply With Quote