View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Just touching base with another test drive, and this time it's a 6MT Base + Sport Package.

The shift lever definitely gained almost an 1", but it didn't take long to get used to it. I personally prefer the lower height. The clutch is super soft and light! It's nice and effortless, but I start to lose feeling of the actual engagement. The shifter definitely feels light, precise, and very much effortless compared to my clunky gearbox.

Right off the bat, the car feels lighter while accelerating. It definitely picks up above 2.5k RPM, and it likes to rev freely like a 4-banger. I've not taken it any higher than 3k RPM and anything above 30MPH since we're in the neighborhood streets. It was enough to test the difference with my '03.

Overall, the sporty Z32-like feeling has returned, the drive is quite effortless, sounds great, looks phenomenal. Therefore, I have reserved a 6MT PS Base with Sports Package. We're going to negotiate the price when the car arrives early this Spring. Hopefully I can sell my Z33 before that time.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote