View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

The best way to increase low end torque in a naturally high revving, relatively low displacement motor is to increase flow.

Cam changes, VVEL mapping (if it ever happens or even needs to), head work, etc. Bore and stroke (I believe a larger bore and shorter stroke yields more low end, but exclusively low end) should help. Also consider the shorter gears, like the 4.08.

Superchargers typically destroy torque numbers, as the amount of boost varies with engine RPM. That means all the parasitic drag will not produce power until you hit the powerband at 3-4K RPM. I think I'm writing the wrong thing though, and I think I mean this for turbochargers... so if someone wants to correct me, feel free.

Turbocharging (twin) will increase low end torque, although not by much. Single turbocharging will increase everything high end, as you'd have to wait a bit longer for a larger single turbo to spool versus two smaller turbochargers (I think).

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."

Last edited by 370Z Purist; 09-19-2012 at 04:34 PM.
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote