View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Weapon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Tour/Sport Blk
The Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about Focal Power Handling

This weekend I'll be putting a pair of 6.5" Focals in the Z.

Considering:
Polyglass 165 VB (70/140w)/165 VR (75/150w)
K2 Power 165 KR (80/160w)

Have:
Amp: 1999 RF Punch 600a4
Specs: RMS 4ohms @ 75x4 or Bridged 4ohms 300x2

Can someone recommend which line of Focals I should go with? $700 is the most I'll pay for a pair of components.

I'd like to run the the K2s bridged but if they can't handle it then I'll save the money and get the lower end Polyglass and run the amp as a normal 75x4 with 2 unconnected rear channels.

I know the numbers makes sense to get the 165VR in standard 4 ch mode, but is the amp really making 300x2 bridged?

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks
Boosted Performance Comp Turbo - Tuner- CJM Fuel Return- Modified Berk CBE- ZSpeed Stage 4 Clutch - Southbend Flywheel - Tuned by Seb ~650whp - HKS Coilovers - SPL - Focal Audio 4 way Active - Audiocontrol DSP - Work CR 2P
The Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote