Thread: a few noises...
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbomb View Post
Hey guys, recently purchased a 2011 370z with 5400 miles on, touring w/sport package, 6 speed. Now that the "new car" sheen is wearing off, I have noticed a few noises that I am sure are normal but wanted to double check. First, on any start where the car has been sitting more then an hour (its possible it could be on every start, but I notice it more for some reason when the car has already been started that day) I hear a extremely feint knock sound for 2-3 seconds, then it goes away. I had an s2000 that did the same thing for 20k miles and no issues, so I am not terribly worried about it (especially since the car is Nissan certified). Being an old school sports car guy, I check the oil every fill up, and have not burned a drop in the 1500 miles I have had it.

Second noise, after I turn the car off, every time, I hear almost like a throw out bearing knock about 2 seconds after I turn the car off. Sitting inside of the car, it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the engine bay. its a "tock....tock) sound, about a second between tocks. Sure its normal (my wifes veloster we bought with 8 miles on it, and the noises it makes at random would make your head spin) so I am not up in arms about this, as I know every car has its quirks, just curious if anyone has heard these before. Also, car runs and drives great. Thanks
Second noise is probably clutch as someone else has said. I also get a noise like that every so often
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote