View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81DAWG View Post
I am gettting the exact same Z; '13, base, midnight blue, 6MT.

When I was ready to purchase a couple of months ago, I requested internet quotes and found a local dealer who had placed a stock order for the exact car I was looking for. I put a deposit on the car and the dealer gave me a copy of the order sheet. A couple of weeks later when the car was built, I received an updated copy of the order sheet with a VIN. The car was ordered on 6/6, was built the week of 7/20 and scheduled for delivery the week of 9/14 (last week). Unfortunately I spoke to the dealer last week and the inventory check showed the car still did not have a rail ship date. They are checking evry date for me to get a delivery date.
I did almost the exact thing with my 13' Nismo.
I called in June and they had the exact one on order so i put a deposit down.
Mine was built in June 20 and received August 30.

I will tell you that most dealers dont have the tools or know how to get exact tracking. Mine was told to be "on hold" with the dealer but then it showed up on time...
depending on options it may be put on hold at the port i.e. Jacksonville Fl or wherever your delivery port is.

It is typical to have them not show up on time but sometimes you get lucky like me and have it show up on time with no issues.

Good luck!