View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
dlmartin81
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z
dlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Loss in acceleration + throttle response ??

My car has roughly 3850 miles on it now. I did the oil change this past weekend. I used Red Line + K&N combo.

Ever since the weekend, I have noticed that my car seems a bit sluggish (bogged down), especially at lower RPMs. Now, I know the car is running quieter with the new oil, so subconsciously I could be making a connection/relation of sound to power/speed but I doubt that's it. I think it's just a coincidence that this is happening after the oil change.

There are times with I get on the gas and get little response and then all of a sudden the torque decides to kick in. This typically happens in 1st and 2nd. Also, cruising at highway speeds in 5th or 6th....if I got on the gas the car would move with pretty good acceleration. Now, not so much. Something just does not seem right.

Could it be a spark plug misfiring, in which it needs to be replace or something else mechanical?

Also, my downshifts are not as loud as they used to be. I mean, I can understand the engine being quieter from the oil but the exhaust note should still sound the same, right?
dlmartin81 is offline   Reply With Quote