View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Juice14
Base Member

Drives: Red 370Z
Juice14 is on a distinguished road
Default Michelin Pilot Super Sport review and pics... (265/40/19 and 295/35/19)

So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on these sizes, I was debating on getting another set of wheels for the track but decided to get these beefier michelins and use them for road and track. The reviews were excellnt and the new M5 comes with these tires, so they must be good.

I asked around for this set up and its very uncommon. Actually I think only BF goodrich and michelin makes these sizes (rear). Im surprissed i couldnt find anyone with these sizes to be honest. most people go with the lower profiles 265/35, 305/30.

LOOKS: I love the way the car looks now, looks meaner and just better for my taste. ill post pics below

FEEL: I had the stock sport package tires with plenty of thread, they wer a little harsh but mostly loud as S****t on some surfaces. With these the steering wheel feels smoother by alot and the road noise is much much lower.

WEIGHT: according to tirerack these tires are the same weight as the stock bridgestones. Im guessing the car will loose some acceleration since they are taller and there is more rubber on the ground.

PERFORMANCE: I havent taken them to the track yet, I will in about 4 weeks. Anyways the difference betwee these and the stock bridgestones is night and day. its hard to even make the rear tires brake loose when coming our of a slow speed turn whereas it was fairly easy to do with stock tires. Ive taken the car around the same twisty roads and the grip reminds me of the Re-11;s i had on my previous car.

I still have stock suspension and stock sway bars, I want to go aftermarket after couple of track days... probably KW and stillen or whiteline sways (any recommendations?). however with the michelin PSS tires (at least with these sizes) the understeer is reduced considerably and the forgiveness these tires have makes me feel almost too confident on the road jeje.

As far as launching the car form a full stop... the grip is great even when they are cold.

Anyways here are some pics I took with my phone and edited them a lil bit.

Juice

Last edited by Juice14; 04-23-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Juice14 is offline   Reply With Quote