View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #41 (permalink)
ZKraken22
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z 7AT
ZKraken22 is on a distinguished road

This is gonna be long!

SS firehawk we WERE in the same position only difference is you have the money lol I love the 370z! why else would you get this car if you didn't? it's less practical, more expensive then the competition especially when you have cars like the 5.0,SS, EVO, STI around. I say Put the JUN cams in and with all your mods you will have a respectable car. This is a NA car stay NA. It's the least expensive project you listed in the polls. Even with stage 1 SC kit Cars like C63, M3, full bolt on 5.0 that can reach 450 NA will still kick you in the teeth and if your not out running around racing then whats the point in going FI? Just to say you have X amount of power? I dont want you to be one of those guys that does a project like this and then a year later sales the car! not worth it. Plus if you go with the JUN cams you will be unique and can always add other things down the road like if they do crack VVEL! You seem like you love the Z as i do too. I had a 350z and now a 370z. I want my Z to also keep up with the new and up coming cars on the road And i wanna see if the Cams can add a good 20 RWHP. If you go FI get a Twin turbo kit. I like SC kit's because you can run LTH but turbo kits are the better technology. Go hard or go home! for me its not worth spending big money on the 370z because im getting a used GTR thats the kinda car you wanna put all your money into because you actually see results. With a 370z I have to spend 30K just to beat a C6 ZO6 Ha no thank you. Spend 18K on a swizter p800 and blow 90% of cars off the road. Granted the GTR cost more.

Like i said I would get a greddy twin turbo kit

- The Greddy Twin Turbo tuner kit
- 6 new upgraded Denso injectors
- Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump
- osiris ROM editor license
- professional installation
- professional dyno tuning would cost you 12,775.00 (Zfever price)

But if i were you and you had 20k to spend i'd go NA all the way! you have the supporting mods just get the Jun cams ($675) with a Brian crower stroker kit ($5,184) maybe ACL rod and main bearings (dont touch the heads)
and little other things. Lets just say 8K in parts. Brian crower stroker kit comes as a fully balanced system and ready to install all orders are Special Orders you can get any bore size, any compression ratio and while your over there working they could be ready to go for you when you get home . My next point is people say the cost to do a NA build is to much!?! but yet i see Z's and G's with a stroker kit plus FI kits! and supporting mods! Volk rims, Body kits is that not expensive?
Member Coxjchollywoo said he has seen a NA G37 make 400 with a Stroker kit. It can be done. Member GAbe3d has a all motor g35 with 350 HP and 320 TQ. id much rather have a NA beast with a crazy powerband and a bad @$$ sound. Mind you a NA car is lighter the a FI car no? Member Rednezz on the my350z has Tomei 272 cams, Cosworth heads, pistons, rods stock crankshaft mad 320 RWHP on a VQ35DE motor! So 400 to the wheels on this motor can be done. yes you need money but gosh how much would labor be on a stroker kit?! Stroker Kit + labor how much could that really be?

NA delivers strength and reliability to your Z but a TT Z is a time bomb. Going FI and if your car is your DD you will have headaches and issues and your car will be down one time or another no matter if it is a small issue or big issue.
FI is the best way to get power we all know that but it's to risky to me because if my motor goes bomb im screwed. But that's me, that's my opinion!