View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
SAM@GTM
NOT AN ACTIVE SPONSOR. DO NOT BUY

Drives: 370Z
SAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legz View Post
To be honest I've received multiple calls from Tunerworks updating me on the progress, but none that involves piping modifications... Now you've mentioned it, it's getting me worried, as they could of just contacted GTM for help/replacement...

They had the car for almost 2.5 weeks now, here's what they told me of the delay:

-Oil cooler adapter needs to be replaced, it was machined poorly (It's not a GTM kit), so not their fault, I'm getting the adapter replaced as we speak.
-Fuel pump not fitting correctly, needs some sort of bracket replacement? Tunerworks stated they have contacted GTM for a replacement part, Sam if you can verify this?
-They needed to order some small parts from Nissan.

Going to give Casey@Tunerworks a call today to see what's up...
We did get a phone call in regards to the fuel pump bracket. Sometime during the early production years of the G37, Infiniti switched from the early style fuel pump used in previous years to the new style fuel pump that is also used in the 370Z. We sent the appropriate parts for the earlier car in your kit. Once Tunerworks had it apart though, it was clear that you actually had the later style pump that requires different brackets and fittings. Once we confirmed with them that you had the later style pump, we sent them the bracket and fittings right away and that is the last we heard from them.

Also, 2.5 weeks for such a big job is not unrealistic since the motor, transmission, transfer case, front differential and most of the front suspension has to come out on the AWD car to fit the twin turbo kit.

Sam
SAM@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote