View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Iceagetlc
Base Member

Drives: '11 STI Limited S2
Iceagetlc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I was shocked as two how sporty the veloster interior is. I used to make fun of this car as a prototype but then I sat in one at the auto show this year... The leather seats are incredibly designed. The red and white contrast leather is my favorite as well as the sand and black. The gencoupe has nothing on that interior. I been perplexed as to why hyundai didn't step up more on the gencoupe.
This car is getting a lot of flack but the suspension issues are nothing a good $1500 coilover kit with sways can't fix. Add up a fully loaded veloster is 26k. Its a value. As for negative comments about matte paint. To each his own... But hyundai SOLELY responded to an enthusiast trend that's been growing in the aftermarket tremendously over the last 5 years. And their refreshes are viable on other models... For those who don't like it can choose from a palette of seriously sporty metallic and pearl colors. They addressed the missing link DD that can be fun to modify without going over 27k. A fully loaded GTI is 35k. A golf R 38k. This gives fun while keeping costs down. The mazda 3 is another option but I bet hyundai insurance will probably save you a few hundred bucks a year, not to mention an extra 10+mpg's.

The veloster palette should probably belong to a genny. Maybe one day they'll make a veloster X awd??? That would be sick.

As for the matte paint, tons of people with dual exhausts want to go to single, and vice versa, think of it as a manufacturer offering something you'd like to do to a car right off the bat, as silly as it might seem to others.

I'm dying to see the aftermarket for these cars, and not just for curiosity's sake. The old lady is trading in her G6 next year and this is exactly the type of car I'm looking to saddle her with.
Iceagetlc is offline   Reply With Quote