Thread: remote start ?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
BanningZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06' Nismo Frontier
BanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Right, but A) you need to bypass the kill on the system that is triggered by the absence of the RFID key, and B) You need to tell that system that the car is ON! LOL. With a standard key, it's just a matter of manually turning the key in the ignition to the ON position. Whereas with the RFID system and Push start system, you'll need to NOT push the button with the break/clutch down (or else you'll get the fantastic grinding)

So the system would need to tell the RFID to turn the car to the ON position. It's not just telling the ignition to work when the security system is that integrated.
Hmm interesting point. I will certainly not be a guinea pig to find out if that will be as problem, and if it is I am definitely not going to be the first to try out a new remote system that has tapped into the RFID.

First wave Early adoption of technology, is not my bag.

MB 06' Nismo VQ40DE
BanningZ is offline   Reply With Quote