View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
chuckhumprey
Base Member

Drives: 07 Nissan 350Z MB
chuckhumprey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Hey guys I need some advice real quick. Automotive lighting is not my forte. My wife has a 2004 Honda civic, and recently her own headlights started cracking down the middle and letting moisture in. They looked like crap so I decided to get her new ones. I went with the K2motors R8 style headlights since she thought those were the prettiest (lol). I wasn't expecting HID quality from these headlights, but these things are just sad. The low beams are a deep yellow color that shine about 25' in front of the car and that's it. It's actually dangerous to drive with these things at night. I take them apart and look up the bulb, which is an H3, and I find out its producing about 850 lumens. Sad. I want to upgrade to HID, but I don't know what all I would need to get. What is a good site to buy a kit from and what all would I need to buy? Is 50w really that much better than 35w? I read somewhere that that's why people's new bulbs are blinking on and off, something about a resistor messing up the draw of current on the car and the car spazzing out and shutting down that circuit. Input?

---
I am here: Google Maps
Sent from my iPhizzle using magic and new fangled science stuff

Honda civic parts

Got this civic at 100k plus miles. But just did the HID and working fine on me however still any one can always find a cheaper price somewhere else. Guess it all comes down to who you trust. From then on would need to replaced though and heard that some HID kits have features that could prevent the lights for being blown out. at about a year would planning to do my project on the next big thing.
chuckhumprey is offline   Reply With Quote