View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
Most felt mid corner and exit. Maybe the tires need more time on them? The spring percent got missed up pretty bad but it seems correct. The thrust angle is good also. I'll have someone else drive it to see its it's in my head. I changed the the camber arms and toe arms before last alignment. This week I'm installing new traction arms. All through SPL. Maybe it's me. The tires are hardly broke in. The hole course was a off camber track. Never done that much. So I'll keep a open mind. Maybe my accident has me mind boggled.
You just changed rear tires? Street tires or race tires? Same brand/model/compound as the front? That could be the case. Was it only when turning a certain direction? When the rear broke loose was it snap oversteer or gradual/controllable? Was the turn-in good because the rear rotated easily or because the front was sharp? How was it under braking?

If it was indeed driver error it was likely a case of going too slow in and getting on the gas too early/hard. Without messing with the traction arms/toe curve I am going to say it's likely not due to the small toe-in.
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote