View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
chippyflava
Base Member

Drives: '11 370z BS M6
chippyflava is on a distinguished road
Default Update: Fixed!

So after changing the plugs, cleaning the MAFs and MAP, cleaning the filters, switching the MAFs, checking for vacuum leaks over and over and reassembling the exhaust and intakes twice, buying a programmer and tuning..I finally found the problem.

As I was rereading the AEM intake instructions, I noted that the ETI feature configured the signals to the ECU to be read as a stock intake/airbox due to the fact that the piping was much wider. I knew this but, didn't put two and two together...This is supposed to be the new technology for AEM (ETI) and allows more airflow through their intakes that can be read correctly by the ECU.

As I was thinking, I have an aftermarket exhaust and I also punched out holes in the grill for more airflow. The factory preset control modules in the wiring of the MAFs probably couldn't register the amount of airflow I was providing (as I'd proposed but have no idea). So, I cut out both modules and spliced the wires back together so it was just MAF to ECU. Then, I retuned for aftermarket intakes. Guess what? PURRS like a kitten and the throttle response is instant.

It only took me a month, a lot of cash and about a hundred hours of labor but, it was the fix. I hope if anybody else runs into this problem this will help.

Happy Driving!

Chip
chippyflava is offline   Reply With Quote