View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

I have a basic knowledge and understand both of your comments already. Mwhit you basically said what was seen and expalined already in the video. I guess what I should of asked was:

According to your results is the wing functioning up to par? Or could a cost effective solution be made to correct any problems? Do you want the air stagnant in front of the wing flowing to it? Would a roof diffuser help in any way?

I do not know much about aero parts but I would assume a roof diffuser would keep the air flowing over the car in a better patern to transfer to the rear wing during a corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhit02 View Post
it means that the airflow is going over the rear wing, and not over the hatch area since the threads there are kind of just laying still, where as the threads on the wing are basically having their hair blow back. it shows where the air is going over the car. makes it more stable by pushing down on the wing, instead of causing turbulence on the rear end (i think)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy23 View Post
One morning i had alot of dew droplets all over my car, and drove to work, and looked at the rear view mirror and as all the droplets were flinging off the car, i got to witness a wind tunnel effect perfectly. As far as i could see, the wing was working as it should, because the droplets were hitting it and shooting up in the air like a rooster tail effect. The wing comes off the hatch area, and hits into the wing and shoots off of it. Its not slick (reduces cd), but pushes the a$$ down on the ground as it should. Cool vid!

Last edited by Mr&Mrs; 09-16-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Typed on iPad lots of mistakes!
Mr&Mrs is offline   Reply With Quote