View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

You are right ride is subjective. Let's not get into that as it will just be a pissing contest. Let's go back to what I said in the first post. I said the Focus rides almost as bad as the Z. We both know how both car handles. If a regular Focus rides only slightly better than the Z, what does that say about the Focus' ride? Do you honestly think the Z rides like a C class? Would you feel better if I say "Focus rides slightly better than the Z"? Does that help you and couple others beat off faster?

BRZ has 200HP. If you think it is enough, more power to you. Given the hype it's been getting, you would have thought they just dropped a 3.8L 911 motor in there. What difference does it make to wait three months or twelve months? Horsepower growing out of trees now?

My C6 Corvette had a $56K MSRP, I only got it for $45K. Yeah I didn't get much discount on it. If you want a good deal, look on the Corvette forum. Dealers are constantly offering them for 5-10K below sticker.

RX-8 has fuel starve? That is new as I am not sure how the car dominated CS for years with 1/8 to 1/4 of a tank. If you read the owner's manual of the RX-8, you will see Mazda tells you specifically that the rotary engine is DESIGNED to burn oil. That is just the way the motors are built. Is that truly a problem or just ignorant owners? Also my RX-8 had a sticker of about $26K, it came with 232HP in 2007. The BRZ has what, 200HP with a sticker around the same? Since it is down 32HP, how is it not overrated? Are you contradicting yourself now?

I am just letting you know that GT3 rides slightly better than the 370. There was no malice or anything behind it. I just know that from my time with it.

My RX-8 didn't have run flat new, Corvette did have the Goodyear Run Flat.

I definitely don't have good comebacks given I have had or driven the cars mentioned. Matter of fact, I autox and track all of them with some firm data on them. Would that help you better than magazine stats that you love?

Btw, nothing against the Z or ST Focus as I don't know how that car drives or what it has. I don't consider them the same as a $16-20K Focus, just like how EVO is different than the regular Lancer. My original dig was at the Focus and the reviewers who love them. I am not sure how it got from regular Focus to Focus ST?

I don't hate on the Z. Matter of fact, I love mine. I am just realistic enough to know the car is not perfect and there are shortcomings due to the price. Some of you guys seem not to think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
1.your view on the Z riding bad is subjective. I've been in much worse cars that don't absorb bumps well. The whole C5 generation was horrid and the C6 base is equal to the Z without magnetic ride.

2. the BRZ has been on the market 3 months. How can you make it a benchmark so soon??? At least give it 12 months of long term testing. TALK ABOUT BEING A FANBOI...

3. Your examples of better riding cars is:
a) Corvette a $51k car that can be had for 44k off the bat in base form but to get superior ride you need MRC and they don't discount those too much so you're looking at $51k minimum.

b)Rx 8, which is $28k extremely unreliable, has oil consumption issues, fuel starve (just like the Z) and is underpowered in the price range. It's only advantage is handling and ride quality compared to newer cars.

c) Porsche 997 GT3??? 6 figures
Your elitist syndrome of "Self-Loathing Reverse Fanboyism" is rearing it's ugly head... It perplexes me how we could be from the same state??? but I'm from the city so that may make a difference... so you're inadvertently comparing the Z and focus ride quality to a GT3??? you're losing it bruh.

4. you may not be 18 but 18 year olds would have more mature come-backs than what you are spewing out right now...
And like I said before... It's the self loathing fanboy who is the first to call out fanboy. This posts 1000% proves my whole theory.

You having a Z so long and being a supposed adult should have more constructive ways of getting your point across than this sillyness you wrote.

Stop being such a hater.
Just found this on the Corvette forum

We have LOTS of 2013s in stock ready to drive home today!
SAVE THOUSANDS on YOUR 2013 Vette today.

ALL 1LT REGULAR COUPES $7,500 OFF MSRP*
ALL 2LT REGULAR COUPES $8,000 OFF MSRP*

ALL 1LT GRAND SPORT COUPES $8,500 OFF MSRP*
ALL 2LT GRAND SPORT COUPES $9,000 OFF MSRP*
ALL 3LT GRAND SPORT COUPES $10,500 OFF MSRP*
ALL 4LT GRAND SPORT COUPES $10,500 OFF MSRP*

* Price Includes $1,500 dealer cash which everyone qualifies for.
* TAKE AN Additional $3,000 discount (NOT included in price)
* If you OWN ANY Corvette that is currently Registered!

PRICES GOOD ON ALL IN-STOCK AND INBOUND VETTES!

Last edited by cossie1600; 09-15-2012 at 11:13 PM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote