View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Girl 12 View Post
I just rented a new Focus yesterday, it only had 1800 on the ticker and when I drove off something was seriously wrong with the tranny. It wouldn't shift, it felt like a manual stuck in third. I kept looking down to make sure I wasn't in the wrong gear for an auto but I was in the right gear. I figured as a rental maybe someone threw it in reverse and drove a few miles backward (am I the only one who has dreampt of doing that lol?) Anyway, aside from that issues for the price I think Ford did ok with the styling and technology.
Downside to ford... Inconsistent transmission reliability throughout the model range except the fusion, I have no idea why the fusion fares better in reliability. The transmission issues seem to be lowering by the year. Give ford about 3 model years to clean up issues on new cars.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 09-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote