View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
100%

Me and my wife test drove a focus se last year. great handling and superb turning radius for a FWD. I was impressed with features to cost. The trunk space was slightly subpar for a hatch, compared to a mazda 3 but handling was very similar. It could have used slightly more low end punch but acceleration was very smooth. acceleration was in the 7.5 second range to 60mph... not bad. NVH was within range of a car that caliber and fit & finish was pretty good. I think the Focus is a benchmark for the "american car" segment in compact cars. The Mazda 3 is still a little better but it's rare to get that much performance from inexpensive american cars.

I wonder how the new chevy sonic stacks up?
The Sonic competes with the Mazda 2 and Ford Fiesta. It's a sub-compact and apparently would drive the OP insane with it's smallness.