View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rockcrawler
Base Member

Drives: 09 6MT, tr, spt, nv
Rockcrawler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
To get the kind of car you're describing, I'm thinking you might have to do better than "free watches" but I dunno for sure.

Edit: I did like your facebook page though.
As an owner/ driver of an active, established, competitive motorsports team.... with lots of events, media and advertising partners.... business deals have to make sense. You're asking for real estate and media impressions. Thats a valuable commodity. Whats in it for the vehicle owner?

I have product sponsors in the mix, some I run, some I turn into cash. A team only needs so many watches (little value there) and even with a donation of say 200 watches, it's more trouble than it's worth to turn them into cash.

Now good for you starting your own company..... and offering to "help" enthusiasts. But you gain far more with a branded hot car, even if it was totalled a week after you got all your pics and vids. Nothing about this says win-win. Sorry for the dose of reality.

Best of luck to you.