View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z11 View Post
ya i thought used brembos would be around 3K or so, but i was trying to look for used akebonos, im sure theres got to be someone who wants to sell, but i cant find any. new akebono (nissan sport) calipers are 1K + tax + shipping. so used should be less, and then just get new rotors, hardware, pads, fluid, shouldnt be much. and im storing my car, DD, just for looks. i spent 50K buying this brand new. so theres no way im going to cheap out and get covers. its tempting, 3K vs $30 ! just for looks. but deep down inside my car will hate me. its like giving your wife a fake diamond, or drawing a tattoo on your arm, or spit then rub on tattoo, or buying alot of cheap paint and painting your car, or using WALL PAPER AS NEW CAR PAINT AND LINES,

NOT COOL

Why didn't you just buy a Z thats already equipped. You're giving all this philosophy about what your car will hate but, you are going to spend about 70% or more of the complete sport pkg buying used brakes etc... Your initial path of least resistance is leading to you overpaying. The worth of the sport package is $3300 american, probably $5k canadian?? you can do the translation of currency? Seperate, this the cost of the sport pkg
Akebono Brakes = $3,700
Vicious Limited slip = $2,000
Sport Rims = $2,160
Sport Tires= $1,300
Rear spoiler =$400
Chin spoiler= $110

Grand Total= $9670

If you're not going to buy a sport pkg and want to upgrade? Be prepared to pay out. So lets calculate the sport pkg used
Akebono used $1600+
120 for lines+
250 for shytty used pads+
$80 for fluid = $1950/not including install.

used limited slip $900
used sport rims $1200
used tires 60% tread life $600
used rear spoiler $250 and possibly may need paint? up to $400
used chin spoiler= $70

Grand total= approx $5000 or more american USED.

you pay out the azz for going half-azz. you do the math.
NOT COOL
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote