View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z11 View Post
i really dont want to spend $2500 to $3000 for the akebono BBK and even more $ for the brembo. so i was thinking of cutting the cost and buying the calipers used, but new pads/hardware/rotors.

BBK = Big Brake Kit, are not cheap, and you cannot cheap-out on BBK.

The least expensive but good quality one are about $3k PLUS S&H and installation so you looking at about $4k altogether.

The shipping is expensive because the weight of the kit and ship to Canada usually cost between $250 to $300.

Depends on what are you looking for, if you just want to look better, I suggest you spend $3k to $4k getting new set of tires&wheels.

A set of good quality tires will improve traction thus improve braking too.

Plus, the upgrade on the style of the wheels is much obvious/noticeable than the brake-kit.

Also, I remember you have the 18inch OEM wheels, and because of that, you can only fit a 'small size' BBK with that, then what's the point of getting BBK if you can only get a small-BBK??

If you are just DD your Z and no tracking, the base brake is good enough, you might want to upgrade to better quality rotors and pads, nice and easy and cost effective.

If you want better style, use the money to get a set of 19 inch, it does a much better job than the BBK on improving the style.
alcheng is offline   Reply With Quote