View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 15K for my fully loaded Nissan Cube. It rides slightly better, it is quieter and it is bigger. For all the hype the Focus is getting, I am just disappointed.

They can take Europe all they want, but it is a piece of poop no matter what country you are from.

There are way better choices out there, no way in hell would I go near a stupid Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
I'm not sure I get your logic - or your expectations for $16k. A compact car is small? No way!

Much of the buzz surrounding the new Focus centered on the US finally getting the capable Euro platform back. Seeing as Detroit has long struggled to bring a compact car to the table with similar performance/reliability/desirability as the Japanese or Germans (sans reliability) auto journalists were justified in their excitement to get their hands on the Euro model.

Much of the hype is also based on the performance variants, namely the ST (252hp from a 2.0L I4 turbo, 0-60 in 6.2 sec).

As far as “riding almost as bad” as the Z – that’s a pretty ridiculous comment. The Z’s handling is one of the crowning achievements of Nissan’s engineers, if you ask me. Few other cars provide a similar balance between comfort and capability. On the other hand, inexpensive economy cars, especially those with a short wheelbase, are going to suffer from both a) sloppy handling and b) poor dampening. This is the worst of both worlds, in that every bump gets transmitted thru to your spine AND there's little in the way of roadholding. That the Z's suspension is stiff is at least a symptom of purpose.

I just really have to wonder – what exactly do you expect from $16k? You do realize in the realm of new cars, that’s not too far from the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Really you find the ride of your Z BAD? How do you ride it BTW?
It's bad for even a sports car, it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERZperformance View Post
I sat inside a rental once and the car inside is small as hell. I'm only 5'10". I sat in the front passenger chair (which hardly have enough space), and even my 2.5 yrs old son with the car seat feel some tight in the back. I do like the Ford Fucsion. Rented that car a few times and pretty satisfy with it.
Exactly, I felt the same way. I can find way better options than the stupid Focus.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote